Friday, July 30, 2010

SOTW & Nettflix

THIS LIST WAS UPDATED AND A LINK CAN BE FOUND ON MY 8/22/2011 POST.


I decided to make a list of movies compatible with Story of the World. So far, I've only made lists for Volumes 1 through 3. This isn't a list of every movie/documentary out there. Instead, I tried to focus on options that are available to Watch Instantly (as I'm TERRIBLE about remembering to put movies on my queue in time for us to watch them when we're studying a particular topic). Unfortunately, most of what I have listed are not available in the Watch Instantly format.

On the chart, I've listed the title of the movie/documentary; the corresponding SOTW book and chapter; a code to denote whether it is a documentary or, if not, then a MPAA rating; and whether the movie is available on Watch Instantly.

I hope this list is of use or value to someone!

LIST LINK

12 comments:

Monica said...

I just downloaded that, thank you for all that work!

~Monica

The Mommy Blawger said...

Great list, thanks! I tried to cobble one together once, but didn't get very far.

Julie said...

Greetings from one GA lawyer/homeschooling Mom to another! Love your blog and will be back often!

Shawon said...

Thanks for the list! We're using SOTW 3 and 4 this year. Very helpful!

Smrt Mama said...

We aren't doing SOTW, but I still think I'll make good use of this list! Great work. Thanks for putting this together and sharing it with everyone.

Karen said...

Hmmm can't see the list from the link. Is it still active? I'd love to access it, and thank you very much for sharing,

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! Many classical educators will be very thankful to find this list!!

Maggie said...

Thanks, I love SOTW :) Gonna check out your blog more, we are Catholic and I teach Classically

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking the time to do this!

Anonymous said...

Help - I'm unable to download - it asks me to start a google account in order to download - is this correct? Do I need to do that?

Carrie said...

How thoughtful to share with others! Thank you, I've downloaded the file. I only have one volume of Story of the World, but I'm sure I can marry up the list to our history curriculum too! Nice to meet you.

Beth H said...

Thank you so much for the work you put into this. Would love to know when/if you get STOW book 4 done. I didn't see that one listed. Again thank you so much.
Beth H
wolfladyrn2@yahoo.com