Friday, November 14, 2008

Our Week Ending November 13, 2008

After the events of last week, we slowly got back into homeschooling this week. We'll be moving into our Ancient Greece studies within the coming weeks and we're getting warmed up with D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths. I'm so excited about our history studies right now and the kids are really looking forward to learning about mythology.

Casey is moving right along with Language Arts. We're nearing the end of our Seton Spelling book, so I'm looking into where to go for the remainder of her first grade year (any suggestions would be appreciated).

We took a breather on math this week - we reviewed the basic addition and subtraction that Casey has been learning, but beyond that, it just didn't happen. We also didn't look at science much this past week beyond a couple of general ocean stories.

Will learned to recognize "r" this week. He also asked if he can start reading now. I explained that he needs to learn more of his letters (he knows a little over half including vowels), but hopefully by spring, we can start reading. His little face just lit up!

As an aside, I'm coming along. I returned to work this week. My boss gave me a big bear hug and even cried with me for a minute. Thank you for your continued prayers. I truly feel the love.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Angela: You've had a great week. I am continuing to pray for you and I can see that God is providing his abundant grace to you and your family.
I hope you have a wonderful week-end.

Paige said...

I hope that you continue to get better. We are also looking forward to starting Greek Myths, too. Thanks for sharing your week.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that voting has begun on the Troublesome Turkey Contest. You can vote here…
http://happytobeathome.net/vote-now-for-the-biggest-turkey-tale/
You can also invite your friends, family, and readers to vote for you too.
The 3 Moms