Friday, June 12, 2009

Goodbye First Grade!

Casey (finally) finished first grade last weekend. Math was our hold up, but we finished. I think we're both relieved.

Now we're moving on to second grade. I was hoping to take it easy this summer, but because I'll be taking off some time in January once the baby arrives, we're going to do a full curriculum. So much for Summer Break, eh?

Not only will Casey be starting her second grade year this summer, but Will is beginning Kindergarten at home. Each will be doing their own language arts and math work, but together, we'll be continuing with our religious studies and studying the Middle Ages, astronomy, weather, and various other earth science subjects, and P.E. I'm sure I've left out something.

For now, we're off to the park! It's only 69 degrees at the moment and I think I'll take advantage of the relatively cool temp to let the kids play outside.

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

I hope you have a great park day! The weather is nice and cool here today too.
I hope your summer school goes well. It sounds like a great idea so you can take the time off later when you'll really need and want it!!

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

Yay! Congrats to Casey and you!
Have a great day!
I think it's great that you're going to just keep going then take time later. The beauty of HS right?

Shawon said...

WooHoo:) You want be alone chugging through some work during the summer "break":)

Tracy said...

It’s great news to hear Casey is moving to the second grade. If math is still a trouble, DreamBox Learning developed a math development growth chart at: http://www.dreambox.com/growth_chart, this pdf can show what the normal development of a child is supposed to be at her age. DreamBox Learning offers an engaging math curriculum for Kindergarten - 2nd grade children, and is a wonder source for parents and teachers. If you would like any other math related activities for Casey over the summer, feel free to visit http://www.dreambox.com/. Hope you have a great summer.

Unknown said...

You are my hero . . . wow.

Anonymous said...

Hooray (sorry so late)!