Monday, June 22, 2009

A Letter to My Wardrobe

Dear Beloved Clothes:

I put you away last night. It will be a while before I see your beautiful colors and fabrics again. You will have a long, lonely summer, fall, and winter (and maybe spring) down in the basement, but I'll pull you out as soon as I possibly can - believe me.

That said, I must tell you my fear. Please don't worry, but there is a chance I may not be able to wear some of you again. It's happened before (three times before), so I feel it's only fair to warn you. I'm sure many of you will come back, but some of you may not. Either your waist line (and mine) just won't give as much as before or you may become a victim of the Fashion Police. Either way, if you don't make it back to the closet, know that you were once loved and I'll try to find you a good home.

Until then, I'll be basking in the comfort of below-the-belly waist bands, somewhat tent-like blouses, and flowing dresses.

Hopefully, I'll see you next year, regular clothes!

Love,
~Angela.

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh, yes, I remember those days very well.
Fortunately, some of the current fashions lend themselves quite well to maternity wear. :)

The joy you feel about your pregnancy really does shine through your posts-it is a joy to read them.

Unknown said...

You are just so adorable . . . and just genetically gifted enough that you probably will make it back into MANY of those clothes. So very happy for you!

Monica said...

This is hilarious. :)

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

sad but funny...well makes me sad because I can't fit into things that I should! LOL

Audrey said...

That was cute! :) Congrats!!